I have been looking for a really good Sake Fried Rice recipe. So this is a combination of an old and a new recipe. Our friends own a Sake brewery, so I wanted to make sure I include their Blue Current Sake in the recipe. After you cook the rice, chop the scallions and the ginger, and prepare the seasoning liquid, it all comes together really quickly. You can add chicken, beef or shrimp if you would like.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
¾ pound chicken, beef or shrimp, cooked (optional)
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 bunches of scallions, cut into small rings, about 2 cups
2 serrano chilies, seeded and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
5 cups white rice, cooked
2 pkg -10 oz frozen peas, thawed
2 tablespoons chicken broth (can substitute with vegetable broth)
2 tablespoons sake (we used Blue Current Janmai Ginjo sake)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
NOTE: Cook the rice of your choice ahead of time.
- In a small bowl, stir together, chicken broth, sake, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a 12 inch skillet or wok, heat canola oil over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking. Stir fry eggs until scrambled, about 30 seconds. Add scallions, serrano chilies, ginger root and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the cooked rice, stirring frequently, about 2-3 minutes, until heated through and lightly browned.
- Stir the seasoning liquid and add to the fried rice, tossing to coat evenly.
- Add the peas and carefully stir to warm the peas through.
- Add the cooked meat of your choice (optional).
NOTE: If using beef, chicken or shrimp. Cook them in your pan before you start the fried rice. Set aside.